Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Scratched Off

I haven't shown in a dressage show in a long time. Of course, this means I don't have some of the things you regular competitors already have on-hand. Last week I made myself a little list of all the things I would need to compete this coming weekend. I paid special attention to the little things that I always seem to be missing.

Yesterday, after work I started on my list. Sure, the show isn't until Saturday but do I really want to run around town like a crazy person on Friday night looking for a black belt? Not so much. Last night I had the time to find most of the things I needed, in the colors I wanted (did I mention I'm crazy about coordinating colors?). I can take: polo shirts, a black belt, hair restraints, knee high socks, pink gatorade and towels off my list.

After work today I need to track down a better looking rain coat, a pair of black gloves, and some Clorox 2. After that I'm good to go! I'll be ready to pack my groom's bag by Thursday night!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's always good to be prepared.

Anonymous said...

Hey Miss Margo, does this post mean the show is a GO??? We haven't heard anything from the part of the state and are wondering. The weather is so bad that it would be nice to know something.

I get a kick out of you making a list of things to pack! I am lucky in that I can leave nearly all I need in the trailer between shows. I will have to put very little in which is good since it is so wet here. My county is under flood warnings till Thursday and it is raining again as I write. I am getting very concerned I may not be able to get out!!

Any info you have on the show would be much appreciated!!!

K

MissMargo said...

Kimmie: Yeah, it's been about 3 years since I last stepped in a show ring with Dobby!! My show supplies were basically non-existant!

I hope you can make it to LEC this weekend! I look forward to seeing you and Astro!

Anonymous said...

Oh you will do fine this weekend!!! I can't wait to meet Dobby. He sounds like a gentle giant waiting to meet new friends!! He will look great and so will his "Mom"!!! My big problem will be keeping stuff from getting to much mud on it between now and the time I leave here on Friday afternoon. It is bad to have to go to a show to get to ride,but the summer is sure setting its self up for that!

Don't forget the Show Sheen and Fly spray. The Show Sheen for the shine and the bug spray cause the bugs will be awful!!! I have a gal of each ready for the weekend! Just pray our roads don't get washed out between now and then. Some iffy places to worry about, including the end of my driveway.

The mud under my trailer is so bad I can't even hook up right now. Will be keeping an eye on that problem and hook up as soon as it looks like I can. It will still take 4 wheel drive to get hooked up as well!
k