Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A Friendly Reminder

Many years ago I created this blog to post my thoughts on riding, issues relating to horses, dressage and goings-on in the area. For a time it was just out there in space, going unread by anyone. The Barn Blog was just another blog in space, hoping to find like minded horse folk.

However, with the re-design has come a larger audience, and I appreciate all of you coming by to read what myself and Jamee have to say. I appreciate the conversations that spark in comments, but frankly I don't like the tone of some of the conversations that have been brewing in comments lately. This site was created to be fun, and informative. I work hard to maintain a neutral site and broadcast quality information to all of you.

I must say at this point, I will not tolerate, nor be a host to: baiting, bickering or personal attacks on fellow readers. Negativity like that does not foster the sort of community I'm looking for.

So I hate to be all "vice principal" on all of you guys, but as of today all of you readers are on warning. No more bulls*it in the comments section. I do have the capablity of monitoring comments, making it so I have to approve them before they're posted, barring annonymous comments, or not allowing comments whatsoever.

Clean it up guys! And if you really don't like this blog, or our community, or think I'm completely out of line, I invite you to start your own blog in opposition to this one. There is a button at the top of the page that will assist you in such a pursuit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been a silent observer on your blog for a while now. I have to say that I am very impressed with the topics and quality information on this site. Please keep up the good work! Don't be discouraged by the folks who want to turn this into their personal manifesto. You are doing good work and rest assured your work is being percieved in the proper fashion by the proper people!

Anonymous said...

Sports: Your comment is greatly appreciated.

Anonymous said...

It's spots...like in appaloosa spots :)

Anonymous said...

I think that you are doing a terrific job and I agree completely that this should be a positive experience. There are just some people in this world who are quite negative and we can't change them or the way that they choose to deal with the world. How unfortunate for them!

Thanks!