Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Sour Puss

We are so lucky this season to have Donna Kilday taking photos of horse shows around the area. She is a talented photographer that's for sure. Her love of horses is evident if you've ever seen her work.

Donna was present this past weekend at the Lancaster County Open Dressage show, and once again she snagged some awesome pictures of Dobby and I. Well,I should say of Dobby, and my legs. I need to work on my faces.

I look through the photos and see Karen Stricklett beaming a smile. Kristin Feese, looking determined but calm, and then there is me, sweating and looking as if I've just swallowed a grasshopper.

LOOOVELY!

Non-horse people tell me I look angry when I ride, and this couldn't be farther from the case. I've found such incredible joy in the show ring this year, I just don't show it. I should start.

So after 2 shows and 2 separate rounds of odd Margo-faces I'm going to start practicing my serene look when I ride. Closed mouth, eyes up, and a partial smile. Can't be any more difficult than keeping my shoulders square or elbows bent right?

Boy I tell you, if its not one thing its another eh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My head spins trying to remember everything I'm supposed to be doing during a ride and then portray serenity and confidence! (BTW Margo, I don't think you look angry when you ride). Thanks for reminding me about my outside rein this weekend.
Also wanted to say the show at the Lancaster Events Center was alot of fun this weekend. The grounds crew were very nice and the office staff did an awesome job. Nicely run show. I really enjoyed myself.